- 53x53cm piece felt
- 53x53cm piece of backing fabric/felt
- 50x50cm cushion insert
- Multicoloured felt pack
- Card circle template (4cm diameter)
- Embroidery floss
- Sewing machine
- Safety/quilting pins (lots!)
- Pencil/Fabric pen
- Draw your circle template on card (4 cm diameter) & cut out.
- Using your pencil or fabric pen, draw & cut out 180 felt circles.
a) Organise your 180 circles into sets of two, (finish with 90 sets).
b) Arrange your circle sets into 9x10 rows on your (top) felt cushion piece.
c) Pin your circle sets into place.
N.B. Each set contains two different coloured felt circles.
a) Backstitch your circles onto your large felt piece (use 2 strands embroidery floss).
- Start & finish your backstitch 0.5cm from the circle edge.
- Change the angle of your backstitch for each circle set.
N.B. I sewed my circles on by hand, and used a repeat pattern of horizontal,
diagonal RH, Vertical, diagonal LH.
a) Place your large felt piece (circles), and your backing piece RIGHT SIDES facing.
b) Pin your pieces together - leave a 20 cm opening in one side.
c) Using 2.5cm seam allowance, sew your sides together.
a) Turn your cushion RIGHT SIDE out.
b) Insert your cusion insert.
c) Hand or machine sew the opening closed.
a) Finger press the top circle up so it exposes the circle below.
b) Step back & admire.